Thursday, November 27, 2008

Rheorical Analysis Essay-I AM BECAUSE...


In this essay, I found it very hard to truthfully describe myself, I know how I am but we tend to want to describe ourselves on how people see us. It took me a while to get started, but when I did, I noticed I had a lot to say about myself. Writing this paper, it made me realize a lot of things that was going on in my childhood. As I continued to write, it was like my anger was screaming out for help. The way how people wanted me to be and act, I accepted that role, without my own identity. I wanted myself to be perfect and everything around me. So, at times I found it hard to fail, and when I did, I beat myself up about it. But now, I learned that it’s ok to fail and it helps you to be a better person so you can learn from your mistakes. Like they always say “practice makes perfect. So if you don’t get it the first time it’s ok to keep trying until you do.Our personality is a reflection of our childhood experiences and environment. When you’re brought up a certain way it’s very hard to change that demeanor about yourself. Sometimes it’s not good to change because you might turn into somebody totally different, but if changing ourselves will make us better, that is what we have to do. When you write, you can learn a lot about yourself like I did.

1 comment:

Paul G. said...

This is great. The response to the assignment itself, I mean. It's making me wonder if it should be a requirement, because your response is so thoughtful and meaningful.